Maps are used in government, business, and education for a wide variety of applications. The Maps on the Hill event gives mapping professionals and students an opportunity to share their latest work with Utah’s elected officials and the public.
Who should submit:
- Individuals: Anybody who makes a map through their work or education.
- Organizations: An organization that has worked on multiple mapping projects.
Maps on the Hill Event:
- The event will be held during the 2013 Legislative session on January 28 during the Legislature’s lunch break.
- Setup time will begin at 10:30am, take down starts at 1:30pm. We request that at least one participant is present to discuss each map entry from 11:00am to 1:30pm.
- Map displays will be set up in the Capitol Rotunda, and the public and elected officials will be able to browse between the many maps.
- You can submit hardcopy maps, interactive digital maps (you’ll need to provide a means to show it on a computer), or both.
- The focus of the event is interesting maps that are applicable to a wide variety of audiences.
- Maps can be of any topic
- This event is not a product/services marketing opportunity, it’s purpose is to show elected officials the cool maps that people in Utah are making.
Notes on signing up to participate
- Please fill out this form to sign up for the event, and followup instructions will be emailed to you. Please sign up as soon as possible, the only information you need to supply now is your name, or the contact name of your group, your place of work or school, and the general format of your display.
- If multiple people are submitting from your office, we ask that one point person is identified for the office and that one submission per office is completed.
- The limit on the number of maps an organization can submit is 6. If space fills, you may be asked to further limit your map display.
UGIC and AGRC look forward to this event, and hope to again have substantial and diverse participation that reflects the many uses of GIS across the state.
Any questions should be directed at Jessie Pechmann at firstname.lastname@example.org, or 801-538-3037.
Note: All maps and abstracts will need be submitted by January 11, 2013. (Details on how to submit your map(s) and abstract(s) will be sent to you after you fill out the signup form, same link as above.)