During 2015 and 2016 the U.S. Geological Survey and the U.S. Park Service acquired ~239 square miles of 2 and 8 points per meter Quality Level 1 & 2 LiDAR for Zion National Park in Utah. The .5 and 1 meter resolution bare earth DEMs ‘.img’ format have a 10.0cm vertical RMSE accuracy and are available for download. The LAS point clouds, classified to ground, low, medium, and high vegetation, are available from The National Map or by request from Rick Kelson from AGRC at RKelson@utah.gov. This elevation data was collected between November 2015 and July 2016 and has a UTM NAD83 (2011) zone 12 north meters NAVD88(GEOID12B) projection.
- Retrieve 2018 Bare Earth DEMs via Interactive Map
- Download project Reports and Metadata
- Download shapefiles of project area, tile indices, and breaklines
- Download QL1 Point Clouds from the USGS FTP site
- Download QL2 Point Clouds from the USGS FTP site
The naming convention for the tiles are based off the U.S. National Grid (USNG).
This elevation data has a UTM NAD83 (2011) zone 12 north meters NAVD88(GEOID12B) projection.
Comments, questions, compliments, or concerns can be directed to Rick Kelson from AGRC at RKelson@utah.gov.