The following Data Sharing Agreement applies to all individuals and organizations sharing data with the SGID in any way.
You consent to this Data Sharing Agreement when you submit a Porter issue to introduce your data to the SGID. In cases where UGRC submits the Porter issue on your behalf, UGRC will contact you via email to get your consent to this agreement. If you need to discuss different GRAMA/license/disclaimer terms, please note this in the Porter issue.
“Aggregate data” refers to any data that cover a specific area of the state and are provided by another organization (such as a city or county) for UGRC to combine with other similar data into statewide datasets.
“External data” refers to any data stored or hosted by a person or organization outside of UGRC.
“Hosted data” refers to any data stored, maintained, and served by UGRC, whether created by UGRC or provided by another organization. It may include aggregate data.
“SGID entry” refers to any of the following:
- Links in the SGID Index to external data
- Links and references in opendata.gis.utah.gov to external data in the form of ArcGIS Online items owned by other organizations
- Hosted data in the Open SGID
- Hosted data in UGRC’s ArcGIS Online organization that are shared with an SGID ArcGIS Online group or the “AGRC Shelf” group
The “steward” refers to the individual or organization that shares data with UGRC for inclusion in the SGID.
- UGRC will make all SGID entries available to the general public without any form of login or account.
- UGRC may edit any hosted data to fix any technical errors that prevent the data from being shared in the SGID.
- UGRC may edit any aggregate data to conform with established standards and schemas for statewide datasets.
- UGRC will follow our established SGID policies.
- The steward will ensure any links or connections to external data remain live and do not require any form of login or account.
- The steward will take reasonable efforts to not modify the schema of all external data, with the exception of adding new fields.
- The steward will provide UGRC with two weeks prior notice, if possible, of any schema changes to hosted data.
- UGRC will remove SGID entries according to our removal policy through the normal dataset deprecation process.
- UGRC will grant requests for immediate removal of accidentally shared non-public data or other urgent situations and will handle these on a case-by-case basis.
License and Disclaimer
The following items apply unless the steward and UGRC specifically negotiate different terms:
- UGRC considers all SGID entries “Public” for purposes of the Utah Government Records Access and Management Act (GRAMA).
- UGRC licenses all hosted data under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.
- All hosted data are subject to the standard UGRC disclaimer.
- UGRC will include the aforementioned license and disclaimer in the metadata of all hosted data.