Web Mercator Services
Instructions for using Discover services in ArcMap 10.x:
- In ArcMap go to
Add Data -> GIS Server -> Add WMTS server
- Paste the WMTS link you have been provided into the
URL:line and click
- Navigate to the newly added
utah imagery – WMTS on discover.agrc.utah.govconnection and double click to connect.
- You can rename the connection after it has been added
- You should see a list of imagery and base map services (explained below):
utah– 6-inch statewide natural color aerial photography collected within the last 3 years (licensed)
utah_*year*archive– Aerial photography blocks updated in
utahservice and archived by acquisition year (licensed)
doq_1990’s_bw– 1-meter statewide black & white aerial photography collected in 1990’s
hro_2012_rgb– 12.5-cm natural color aerial photography collected in 2012 of the Wasatch Front
naip_*year*_rgb– 1-meter statewide natural color aerial photography
naip_*year*_nrg– 1-meter statewide color infrared aerial photography
hillshade– 10 meter 4-way statewide shaded relief
address_points-basemap– Base map of address point locations
lite-basemap– Base map of hillshade, HWYs/streets, cities, boundaries, etc. (gray, muted tone)
overlay-basemap– Base map of vector features HWYs/streets, cities, address points, parcels, etc. (transparent background)
terrain-basemap– Base map of hillshade, HWYS/streets, parks, forests, water, etc.
topo-basemap– Base map of USGS topographic maps
- Information about transformations between different coordinate systems.
- It is strongly suggested that you use WMTS for the best performance.
- If your software will only allow you to use
WMS, adding a WMS connection is the same as above but substitute
Add WMS serverin step 1.
- More information about using the Discover Services.
The planned date to turn off UTM base maps is 1/1/2017. Unless you must utilize UTM services it is suggested that you utilize the services above from Discover. Contact AGRC if you will need continued support of UTM base map tiles.
Instructions for using mapserv.utah.gov services in ArcMap 10.x:
- In ArcMap, click the
- At the top of the
Add Datawindow, set the Look In: pick list to point at
Add ArcGIS Serverand then choose the
Use GIS Servicesoption
- Set the Internet Server URL to:
Finishand then double click the newly added item
arcgis on mapserv.utah.govto connect
- From the BaseMaps folder, Select the services(s) of your choice from the list below then click
AddressPoints(address points with labels) -
Hybrid(streets and other vector layers atop imagery) -
Lite(gray, muted tone) -
Terrain(hillshade, streets, parks, forest, water, etc) -
Topo(multiscale mosaic of USGS topo maps) -
Vector(streets, land ownership, and boundaries)
- From the AerialPhotography__BlackWhite, AerialPhotography__Color, or AerialPhotography__InfraRed folder, Select the imagery service(s) of your choice then click
Web developers can embed any of these base map services in web-based and internet-connected applications.
- More information about the base maps can be found on the application developer pages.