TURN GPS Network
- Data Type: GPS Network
- Stewards: AGRC
- Contacts: Sean A. Fernandez PLS and Mike Heagin
- Usage: Paid subscription; Login, Password required
- Cost: $600 annually
- Website: The Utah Reference Network GPS
- Abstract: The Utah Reference Network (TURN) GPS is a GNSS network of permanently located GPS receivers, installed across the state, to generate real time high accuracy GPS positioning. TURN GPS uses the Trimble PIVOT VRS Platform. TURN GPS is used for a range of precision GPS applications including surveying, engineering, construction, and GIS data collection. The current cost is $600 for each user login and is good for a full year from the signup date.
The Coordinate Reference Frame for this network is NAD83(2011)(EPOCH:2010.0000.). The Latitude, Longitude and Ellipsoidal Height of each reference station was calculated by processing 24 hour files using the National Geodetic Survey (NGS) Online Positioning User Service (OPUS) Projects application.
Eighteen NGS Continually Operating Reference Stations (CORS) were selected along the perimeter and interior of the network and were constrained to the published coordinates to conduct the final adjustment of the network coordinates.
Start Using the TURN GPS Network
Creating a New Account
We are currently experiencing an issue with our New Accounts Online Payment option. If you are interested in a New Registration for TURN GPS contact us directly.
- Organization (avoid punctuation)
- Password (8 characters)
- Contact Name, email, phone number
- Physical location/address
- Mailing address
With an activated subscription, set your GPS unit’s VRS connection address to
22.214.171.124 and enter your new device-specific username and password.
Renewing An Account
From the TURN GPS secure payment site, select the
Renew Subscription button and accept the Terms and Conditions if you agree. Provide the Organization, Username, and Password for the subscription you are renewing, and proceed to the payment portion using a credit card. When done you will receive a confirmation email and receipt.
If the account has expired, it will take about 24 hours for the subscription payment to cycle through and the activation to be complete for field work, otherwise you will not notice any interruption.